In addition to reading Boles’ book, I invite you to watch a free webinar that I recorded this month, which will hopefully shed some light on a few of the most common myths related to homeschooling:
Myth 1: Children can’t learn if they are not in school.
Myth 2: Children who are not in school will not know how to socialize.
Myth 3: Children will fall behind and not have as many opportunities as their schooled peers.
Myth 4: I will go crazy if I stay at home with my children.
Myth 5: I cannot afford to home educate.
The webinar might be for you if:
- You have young children and are exploring your educational options for the future.
- You’ve been considering home education for a while, but are not sure what it would “do” to your children.
- Your child has never really enjoyed school (due to anxiety, boredom, or a million other reasons) and you are desperate for an alternative.
- You’ve seen your child thrive during lockdown with the absence of exams and homework.
- You are a person of color who desires that your children see their own nationality, ethnicity, and race represented in the history they learn and in the literature they read.
- Your child has special educational needs that are not being met at school.
- You have a friend or family member that has expressed interest in homeschooling, but you’re not convinced it’s in the child’s best interest.
Download an accompanying handout HERE.
Spread the word!