I’m just finishing a book by Blake Boles called, Why Are You Still Sending Your Kids to School? If you are on the fence about home educating or know someone who is, this is your book.
In addition to reading Boles’ book, I invite you to listen to a webinar that I presented as part of the Freedom to Learn Forum 2020, which will hopefully shed some light on a few of the most common myths related to homeschooling:
Myth 1: Children can’t learn if they are not in school.
Myth 2: Children who are not in school will not know how to socialize.
Myth 3: Children will fall behind and not have as many opportunities as their schooled peers.
Myth 4: I will go crazy if I stay at home with my children.
Myth 5: I cannot afford to home educate.
The webinar might be for you if:
- You have young children and are exploring your educational options for the future.
- You’ve been considering home education for a while, but are not sure what it would “do” to your children.
- Your child has never really enjoyed school (due to anxiety, boredom, or a million other reasons) and you are desperate for an alternative.
- You’ve seen your child thrive during lockdown with the absence of exams and homework.
- You are a person of color who desires that your children see their own nationality, ethnicity, and race represented in the history they learn and in the literature they read.
- Your child has special educational needs that are not being met at school.
- You have a friend or family member that has expressed interest in homeschooling, but you’re not convinced it’s in the child’s best interest.
Download an accompanying handout HERE.
Spread the word!